Gold Standard Diagnostics
Gold Standard Diagnostics Freiburg GmbH has long-term experience and know-how in the field of development, validation, and production of kits for the food and feed testing industry.
+49 160 967 399 98
Gold Standard Diagnostics Freiburg GmbH has long-term experience and know-how in the field of development, validation and production of kits for the food and feed testing industry.
Over two decades of experience in the development of molecular biology kits have led to a comprehensive portfolio of competitive products, which set food safety standards worldwide. Gold Standard Diagnostics Freiburg kit portfolio offers the most efficient analytical solutions for food and feed testing laboratories. The company is specialised in the development, validation and production of real-time PCR and immunoassay applications for:
- Food-borne & Water-borne Bacterial Pathogens: Real-time PCR (BACGene) and ELISA (BACSpec) kits are available for the detection of Salmonella, Listeria, Legionella and Shiga-toxin producing E. coli (STEC) in numerous matrices. Salmonella, Listeria and E. coli O157:H7 kits offer quick results and are certified by the AOAC Research Institute under the Performance Tested MethodsSM Programme and by NF Validation certification. Additionally, the BACGene STEC Top7 workflow is also certified by the AOAC Research Institute under the Performance Tested MethodsSM Programme.
- Viral Pathogens: The VIRSeek Solution virus testing portfolio includes real-time RT-PCR kits for the detection of hepatitis A virus (HAV), the norovirus genogroups I & II (NoVGI & NoVGII), hepatitis E virus (HEV) and the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus. To complement these kits, an RNA extraction kit and a process control kit are available.
- Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs): The comprehensive portfolio contains a wide range of real-time and conventional PCR kits for the screening (GMOScreen), identification (GMOIdent) and quantification (GMOQuant) of GMOs.
- Animal Species: The DNAnimal product line offers a broad spectrum of sensitive real-time PCR methods for a variety of animal species and taxonomic groups.
- DNA Extraction: GENESpin and DNAExtractor kits for the extraction of DNA from various matrices for subsequent analysis are available, and DNA cleaning columns can additionally be used, if needed, for purification of the DNA, following the use of either of the extraction kits.
Besides kits and other technical solutions, Gold Standard Diagnostics Freiburg offers additional support such as free webinars and practical training to help customers set up an efficient testing laboratory.
View All Product News
Food & BeverageGenetically modified organisms (GMOs) are grown on an increasingly large scale. The varying worldwide approval and labelling situations create challenges for GMO testing laboratories. This makes having a reliable and experienced partner in GMO testing essential. Our GMO testing kits allow for the identification or exclusion of single GMO events
Food & BeverageAdulteration of food products is an important topic for food quality in particular keeping in mind allergies, ethics and regulations amongst other factors. Eurofins GeneScan Technologies' DNAnimal testing kits have been developed in order to verify authenticity of food products by detecting adulterations in regards to quality assurance. DNAnimal Screen
Food & BeverageThe Eurofins GeneScan Technologies BACGene kits provide the means of a fast and reliable detection of food pathogens including Salmonella spp., Listeria monocytogenes, Listeria spp. and E. coli O157:H7.
Food & BeverageThe workflow is a comprehensive, ISO-compliant approach to virus detection of norovirus genogroup I, norovirus genogroup II and hepatitis A virus in food. Eurofins GeneScan Technologies have five kits to provide the user with the tools to complete the virus detection from viral extraction to real-time RT-PCR, including
Food & BeverageThe Eurofins GeneScan Technologies BACSpec kits are ELISA-based assays for a fast and convenient detection of Salmonella and Listeria. The BACSpec kits can be used manually or automated with the GSD Bolt™ or Thunderbolt® analysers.
Microbiology Product Areas
ClinicalNOTE: The products listed in this section may not be approved for clinical diagnostic use in your jurisdiction. You must assume these products are unregulated and therefore cannot be used for routine testing and reporting of results unless otherwise stated.
|SARS-CoV-2||Show all suppliers|
Food & Beverage
|Dairy||Show all suppliers|
|Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO)||Show all suppliers|
|Halal Testing||Show all suppliers|
|Hepatitis A||Show all suppliers|
|Identification||Show all suppliers|
|Kosher Testing||Show all suppliers|
|Listeria monocytogenes||Show all suppliers|
|Listeria spp.||Show all suppliers|
|Meat Speciation||Show all suppliers|
|Norovirus||Show all suppliers|
|Plant Pathogens||Show all suppliers|
|Salmonella||Show all suppliers|
|Salmonella Tranoroa||Show all suppliers|
|Sample Prep||Show all suppliers|