17th May 2016 Content supplied by: ZeptoMetrix
ZeptoMetrix Adds New Zika Virus Strains for Diagnostics Development
ZeptoMetrix™ Corporation have introduced 3 additional Zika Virus Strains to its product inventory to aid in the rapid development of diagnostic tests and for the manufacture of quality control reagents to monitor their effectiveness.
“We are offering as much support as possible to assist during this global Zika virus emergency”, explains Dr. Gregory R. Chiklis, President and CEO of ZeptoMetrix. “Our focus, has always been and will continue to be to support the diagnostics industry with as many precise, dependable and non-infectious tools as we can.”
To complement its currently expanding Tropical Disease Microorganism offerings, ZeptoMetrix has introduced the following Zika Virus Culture Fluids to its product line:
- Zika Virus (Strain: PRVABC59) Culture Fluid (1 mL) - # 0810525CF
- Zika Virus (Strain: DakArD 41662) Culture Fluid (1 mL) - # 0810522CF
- Zika Virus (Strain: MR 766) Culture Fluid (1 mL) - # 0810521CF
Using its proprietary NATtrol™ inactivation treatment, ZeptoMetrix has also released noninfectious, whole organism molecular quality controls and an assay range validation panel that can be used in clinical laboratories for daily test variation, lot-to-lot test kit performance, individual operator performance and assistance identifying trends in laboratory results.
- NATtrol Zika Virus Range Verification Panel (4 x 0.5 mL) - # NATZIKV-RV
- NATtrol Zika Virus, External Run Control, Medium (6 x 1 mL) - # NATZIKV-ERCM
- NATtrol Zika Virus, External Run Control, Low (6 x 1 mL) - # NATZIKV-ERCL
Together, the routine and repetitive use of NATtrol™ External Run Controls and Range Verification Panels enables laboratories to verify test performance, track and monitor daily test variation, lot-to-lot test kit performance, individual operator performance to provide assistance identifying trends in laboratory results.
Date Published: 17th May 2016
Source article link: View