Virus and TSE Safety made simple - Heidelberg, Germany
: 6 Mar 2018 - 7 Mar 2018
: Heidelberg, Germany
Virus safety is one of the major concerns in the development and production of biopharmaceuticals and biologics. Huge efforts are undertaken to prevent viral contamination. A series of guidelines was dedicated to that topic exclusively.
For many people who are involved in the development and production of biopharmaceuticals and biologics the world of viruses is a "black box".
Join Dr Johannes Blümel (Paul-Ehrlich-Institut, Federal Agency Vaccines and Biomedicines), Dr Albrecht Gröner (PathoGuard Consult) and Dr Michael Ruffing (Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma) in this interactive workshop that will cover:
- Basic Virology
- Exogenous and Endogenous Viruses
- Virus Safety of Raw Materials
- Design and Documentation of Virus Validation Studies
- Techniques for Virus Inactivation and Virus Removal
- Regulatory background
- Virus safety of advanced therapy medicinal products
- Transmissible spongiform encephalopathy (TSE) - Biology
- Transmissible spongiform encephalopathy (TSE) - Regulatory
Find more about this event here: www.gmp-compliance.org/training