Colitag ready to use presence absence test for coliform amp e coli
| || |
Colitag™, made by CPI International, is a ready-to-use ONPG/MUG based test, which can be added directly to a liquid or semi-liquid sample.
If coliforms are present, ONPG will produce a distinct yellow color. If E. coli is present, the sample will fluoresce a bright blue color under long-wave (366nm) UV light.
Incubation of the test is performed at 35°C for 22-26 hours.
Benefits of Colitag include:
- Allows you to run a traditional Presence/Absence (P/A) or MPN format
- Detects 1 CFU of total coliform or E. coli bacteria per 100ml water sample
- Resuscitates chlorine injured bacteria
- Provides selectivity with growth inhibitors without affecting recovery of
- Brighter blue fluorescence eliminates questionable positive E. coli results
- Simultaneously provides 24-hour fecal coliforms and E. coli determinations
Left bottle: Negative result
Middle bottle: Positive for coliform
Right bottle: Positive for E. coli by fluorescence
Colitag™ is capable of resuscitating and detecting even single cells of severely injured E. coli and coliforms. In March of 2004, Colitag™ earned US EPA approval for use as a presence-absence test in drinking water and approval for use as an enumerative test in MPN format in May of 2005.
Colitag™ is available for use in municipal and bottled water testing, beverage waters and other QC coliform monitoring testing. Preliminary testing has also shown promising results for monitoring shellfish meats and shellfish-growing waters, as well as for waters growing alfalfa sprouts.
Colitag is now available from Hardy Diagnostics.
NOTE: This item is from our 'historic' database and may contain information which is not up to date.