GenoType® MTBDRsl Now Available
| From Hain Life Sciences, GenoType® MTBDRsl is a molecular genetic assay which allows the simultaneous detection of the M.tuberculosis complex and its Resistance to Fluoroquinolones and/or Aminoglycosides/Cyclic Peptides and/or Ethambutol from smear-positive pulmonary clinical specimens or cultivated samples. |
In combination with the GenoType® MTBDRplus the assay allows the detection of XDR-TB-cases.
The GenoType® MTBDRsl is based on the DNA STRIP® technology and permits the simultaneous molecular genetic identification of
from smear-positive pulmonary clinical specimens or cultivated samples.
- the M. tuberculosis complex
- its resistance to fluoroquinolones like ofloxacin and moxifloxacin by the detection of the most common mutations in the gyrA gene
- its resistance to the injectable antibiotics (viomycin, kanamycin, amikacin and capreomycin) by detection of the most common mutations in the rrs gene
- its resistance to the first-line drug ethambutol, by detection of the most common mutations in the embB gene
Indications for the use of GenoType® MTBDRsl
- with MDR-TB to receive information on further antibiotic resistances
- after therapy failure and relapse
- from countries with high usage of the respective drugs
- in high burden MDR-/XDR-TB regions
Benefits and advantages of using GenoType® MTBDRsl
- Detection of XDR-TB in patients previously diagnosed with an MDR-TB by testing with the GenoType® MTBDRplus.
- Confirmation of DST results.
- Minimizing extreme side effects through an appropriate therapy scheme.
- Highly economic as expensive, ineffective drugs can be avoided.
NOTE: This item is from our 'historic' database and may contain information which is not up to date.