New International Catalogue of Culture Media for Microbiology
The new edition of the International Catalogue of Culture Media for Scharlau Microbiology: 2nd EDITION is now available.
The catalogue is not only a presentation of the Scharlau product portfolio, but also a simple tool that facilitates the search for culture media and also provides the user with all the information necesary to choose the medium best suited to their needs. The ideal companion to the comprehensive Scharlau Manual of Culture Media, whose next edition is in press. In this second edition a number of changes and improvements have been implemented, the majority based on suggestions made from customers.
There are 27 new culture media added, with appropriate supplements where necessary. Some of these are not new formulations for Scharlau but they have been reinstated and re-manufactured. These include:
- Columbia CNA Agar (01-703), used extensively in clinical samples for the isolation of Gram-positive cocci.
- HTM (Haemophilus Test Medium) (01-706), with the corresponding supplement, allows the test to be carried out.
- Legionella BCYE media (01-687), along with the appropriate supplements to make BCYE media, GVPC, BCYE w/o Cysteine according to the ISO 11731 standard.
- Campylobacter media, with their corresponding supplements to make the media laid out in ISO 10272, BAM and others: CCD Modified Agar (01-685), Bolton Broth (02-688), Preston Agar (01-451), Preston Broth (02-561).
- Yersinia CIN (01-444), along with the appropriate supplement to obtain the ISO 10273 standard medium M-Green Agar (01-633), used extensively for counting fungi in beverages samples.
- CCA (Chromogenic Coliform Agar) (01-695), with the addition of a selective supplement for the detection of coliforms and E. coli in water.
- Modified TSB (02-691), requires the addition of Novobiocin supplement to be used in the enrichment of E. coli O157: H7 according to ISO 16654 protocol.
- XLT4 Agar (01-708) is completed by adding an additional selective supplement and is used in the isolation and differentiation of S. typhi and S. paratyphi.
- Dermatophyte Selective Agar (DTM) (01-442), medium for the isolation of dermatophytes in veterinary samples.
This new catalogue (ref.CAT-MICR11) is available by contacting the distributor in your country, or send a request via email to email@example.com.
NOTE: This item is from our 'historic' database and may contain information which is not up to date.