Principle: The reagent within the cartridge contains a nutrient indicator which gives a signal once exposed to enzymes found in the target bacteria.
Approvals: AOAC certified, U.S EPA-approved for the detection of E. coli and total coliforms in drinking water
Suitability: A self-contained water testing system either within or outside of a traditional laboratory setting.
Capital equipment required: Yes
The IDEXX Tecta® system is a complete, self-contained water testing system, providing rapid evidence of bacterial contamination, either within or outside of a traditional laboratory setting. It is a rapid automated water microbiology testing instrument for detection of coliforms, E. coli, faecal coliforms and Enterococci.
Principle: Detection of bacterial contamination is based on the same principle as other IDEXX rapid water testing methods: the reagent within the cartridge contains a nutrient indicator which gives a signal once exposed to enzymes found in the target bacteria.
The enzyme substrates in the Tectalert cartridges are hydrophilic in their native form, but when the nutrient indicator is broken down by the enzymes found in the target organism, sugars are formed alongside a hydrophobic fluorophore molecule, which migrates to the polymer partition element at the base of the cartridge, and it is this fluorescence that is detected by the instrument.
- Do more with Tecta: An easy solution for staffing issues, holiday testing, and rush projects
- Start tests any time: Automation of incubation and sample analysis
- Improve responsiveness: Positive results within hours
- Easy: No sample preparation and easy-to-use system; anyone can be trained to use Tecta
- Lab in a box: Tecta can be installed anywhere
- Tests for total coliforms and E. coli, E. coli only, faecal coliforms, and Enterococcus
- Available in 16- and 4- incubation chamber options