Principle: Identification of ESBL
Approvals: Company is licensed by FDA and its quality management system is ISO certified.
Suitability: Hospital Acquired Infection Control
Capital equipment required: NO
HardyCHROM™ ESBL is a selective and differential chromogenic medium which is intended for the qualitative and presumptive detection from stool specimens of:
- Enterobacteriaceae that are potentially non-susceptible to ceftazidime and cefpodoxime;
- Extended-spectrum beta-lactamase (ESBL)-producing Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae and Klebsiella oxytoca.
- Results in as little as 18 hours
- Easy-to-read color read-out
- Escherichia coli produce pink colonies
- Proteus mirabilis produce yellow/gold colonies
- Klebsiella pneumoniae produce blue colonies
Click here for further information