27th July 2020 Content supplied by: Don Whitley Scientific
Quick, Safe, Aspiration of Biological Liquid Waste
Don Whitley Scientific Limited has launched the Whitley AsPROvac - an all-in-one laboratory aspirator to ensure biological liquid waste can be aspirated and disposed of quickly and safely.
According to Paul Walton, Managing Director of Don Whitley Scientific, "Whether it is the delicate removal of supernatants or the rapid emptying of larger culture flasks, the system has a range of 1-20 vacuum levels to alter the aspiration speed. A range of aspiration tools is provided to enable users to aspirate from a variety of vessels."
The device features a novel, quick-release cap/lid assembly, a shatterproof 4-litre autoclavable waste bottle, and a digital display of the vacuum level. The hand-held aspirator comprises a single tip and an 8-channel tip plus a single disposable tip adaptor and an 8-channel tip adaptor.
AsPROvac is ideal for use with a Whitley Hypoxystation (that has a vacuum take-off port fitted).
The following features of AsPROvac ensure safe aspiration and disposal of biological liquid waste:
- Self-closure connectors avoid the escape of liquids and aerosols.
- Equipped with a novel, quick-click lid - with no multi-turn screw that the previous user has over-tightened!
- Supplied with a 4 litre, shatterproof waste bottle equipped.
- Liquid level 'full' indicator.
- Features a hydrophobic filter for user protection.
- All parts that come into contact with the liquid waste are autoclavable.
- Fitted with a handle to make it easy to carry the waste bottle and empty the contents.
- A reliable, high quality, all-in-one system with no need for any additional components.
AsPROvac is very easy to use and little training is required. Colour-coded, quick release tubing connectors mean that users can always assemble the product quickly and correctly. Another feature that helps the user is the integral display that shows the vacuum level selected. The speed can be changed to speed up the emptying of large vessels or can be reduced for the delicate and careful removal of smaller quantities of biological liquid waste.
With a compact footprint and the bottle sitting low in the holder, this provides a solid, stable base and prevents bottles from being knocked over. AsPROvac is lightweight, so it can be moved around the laboratory with ease and has additional ergonomic handholds on the base for easy lifting and handling of the entire unit.
Date Published: 27th July 2020
Source article link: View
A Small Workstation with Big
Isolating and Culturing Faecalibacterium prausnitzii&