12th May 2020 Content supplied by: IDEXX Laboratories Inc
NF Validated AFNOR Certified Legiolert for Legionella pneumophila Detection
Legiolert offers easy, rapid and accurate detection of Legionella pneumophila with confirmed results within 7 days.
- Detects Legionella pneumophila with equal or greater accuracy than traditional spread plate culture methods.
- Delivers definitive culture results in 7 days without additional confirmation steps.
- Simple culture test setup and read significantly reduce laboratory workflow.
- Easy-to-use platform, similar to that of the Colilert Test.
- Received NF Validation by AFNOR Certification, reference number IDX 33/06-06/19
- Any brown colour and/or turbidity indicates a positive for Legionella pneumophila.
- Platform similar to that of the Colilert-18 Test: Ready-to-use reagents, no media preparation.
- Used with Quanti-Tray/Legiolert for Most Probable Number (MPN) enumeration.
- Specifically detects Legionella pneumophila, the primary cause of Legionnaires’ disease.1
- Any brown colour and/or turbidity indicates a positive and minimises subjective result interpretation.
- Confirmed results in 7 days without additional steps.
- Streamlined workflow with less than 2 minutes of hands-on time.
- Quality control procedure can be done in 15 minutes.
1. Surveillance report: Legionnaires' disease in Europe (Years 2009-2015). Stockholm, Sweden: European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control; published 2011-2017.
Date Published: 12th May 2020
Source article link: View