1st November 2015 Content supplied by: Tim Sandle
New Book - Pharmaceutical Microbiology: Essentials for Quality Assurance and Quality Control
A new book of interest has been published – “Pharmaceutical Microbiology: Essentials for Quality Assurance and Quality Control” – written by Dr. Tim Sandle.
This book provides pharmaceutical microbiologists with everything they need to know, from regulatory filing and GMP information, to laboratory design and management, compendia tests, and the risk assessment tools and techniques for both sterile and non-sterile products.
- Contains the applications of pharmaceutical microbiology in sterile and non-sterile products
- Presents the practical aspects of pharmaceutical microbiology testing
- Provides contamination control risks and remediation strategies, along with rapid microbiological methods
- Includes bioburden, endotoxin, and specific microbial risks
- Highlights relevant case studies and risk assessment scenarios
Pharmaceutical Microbiology: Essentials for Quality Assurance and Quality Control presents the latest information on protecting pharmaceutical and healthcare products from spoilage by microorganisms, and protecting patients and consumers. With both sterile and non-sterile products, the effects can range from discoloration to the potential for fatality.
The book provides an overview of the function of the pharmaceutical microbiologist and what they need to know, from regulatory filing and GMP, to laboratory design and management, and compendial tests and risk assessment tools and techniques. These key aspects are discussed through a series of dedicated chapters, with topics covering auditing, validation, data analysis, bioburden, toxins, microbial identification, culture media, and contamination control.
Date Published: 1st November 2015
Source article link: View