Principle: Based on a bacterial enzyme detection technology
Approvals: ISO 16266-2:2018; AFNOR NF Validation (IDX 33/05-03/16)
Suitability: Enumeration of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in pool waters and waters for human consumption
Capital equipment required: Yes
Pseudalert is a liquid culture method that detects the presence of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in water samples in 24 hours with no additional confirmation steps.
Principle: Pseudalert is based on a bacterial enzyme detection technology that signals the presence of Pseudomonas aeruginosa through the hydrolysis of a substrate in the Pseudalert reagent. Pseudomonas aeruginosa cells rapidly grow and reproduce using the rich supply of amino acids, vitamins, and other nutrients present in the Pseudalert reagent. Actively growing strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa have an enzyme that cleaves the substrate in the reagent to produce blue fluorescence under ultraviolet light. Pseudalert detects Pseudomonas aeruginosa at 1 colony-forming unit per 100 mL water sample within 24 hours.
Approvals: ISO 16266-2: International Organization for Standards (ISO). ISO 16266-2:2018, Water Quality – Detection and enumeration of Pseudomonas aeruginosa – Part 2: Most probable number method.
AFNOR NF Validation (IDX 33/05-03/16) – Pseudalert/Quanti-Tray is validated for the enumeration of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in pool waters and waters for human consumption (water from wells, springs and boreholes; bottled water; tap water and drinking fountain water).
SCA Blue Book: Pseudalert is specified in the Microbiology of Drinking Water (MoDW) Part 8: Methods for the isolation and enumeration of Aeromonas and Pseudomonas aeruginosa (2015) - Pseudalert ® (Method C). Also, UK Standing Committee of Analysts (SCA) Blue Book: The Microbiology of Recreational and Environmental Waters (2015) – Part7 - Methods for the isolation and enumeration of Aeromonas and Pseudomonas aeruginosa
A more exhaustive list of approvals is available on request
- Specifically detects Pseudomonas aeruginosa, reducing the risk of false positives from non-target organisms.
- Results are definitive without additional confirmation steps.
- Simple blue fluorescent change minimises subjective result interpretation.
- Definitive results in 24 hours with no additional confirmation steps.
- Less than 1 minute of hands-on sample preparation time for streamlined testing workflow.
- Blue fluorescence of wells or vessel indicates a positive result
- Ready-to-use reagents, no media preparation.
- Convenient unit-dosed packaging.
- No toxic compounds.
- Use with IDEXX Quanti-Tray® or Quanti-Tray®/2000 for most probable number (MPN) enumeration.
IDEXX Laboratories Inc view full details
Website: Visit Website
Tel: +1 800 321 0207