20th January 2014 Content supplied by: Don Whitley
Save 30% on Running Costs with New Anaerobic Workstations
Don Whitley Scientific has launched two new anaerobic workstations that provide laboratories with significant cost savings in gas supplies.
The Whitley A85TG Workstation and the Whitley A95TG Workstation are very cost-effective anaerobic chambers as they run from three separate gases. Unique to DWS, these workstations can operate around 30% cheaper than dual gas versions (which use cylinders of ANO2 and N2).
The A85TG and A95TG run on separate cylinders of N2, H2 and CO2 to create anaerobic conditions, which is much more cost-effective than purchasing pre-mixed anaerobic gas.
- Are fitted with a large 30 litre airlock with powered internal door to provide effective sample and equipment transfer in the fastest possible time, whilst ensuring the minimum amount of oxygen is introduced into the chamber.
- Are fitted with manual, oval glove ports to enable you to work gloved or bare handed. Each gloveport also acts as a mini-airlock for 10 plates so you can transfer up to 20 plates as you insert your arms – another saving in gas as this avoids the need to run an airlock cycle for small numbers of plates.
- Have the colour, touch-screen control panel for ease of use and for visual display of parameters such as temperature, humidity, and airlock cycle status.
- Have an automatic commissioning cycle and a built-in de-humidification system, saving you time and resources.
- Have a range of options and accessories to tailor the workstation to your specific application, including a fully integrated Anaerobic Conditions Monitor that displays real time oxygen levels and enables download of data for further analysis.
The A85TG can accommodate between 500 - 700 x 90mm Petri dishes and the A95TG is the larger model, accommodating between 1000 - 1400 x 90mm dishes in a chamber that has two sets of glove ports.
Date Published: 20th January 2014
Source article link: View
Workstation with Two Airlocks Launched
Unique Internal HEPA Filtration System