Setting Shelf-Life: How to do it Better?
: 9 Jun 2020
: Chipping Campden, United Kingdom
Sector: Food & Beverage
Delegates will gain an understanding of how to set the shelf life of foods and drinks to account for both spoilage and safety risks.
Training Course content:
- Introduction to shelf life - definition, factors that affect shelf life
- Labelling legislation - use by and best before dates
- Non-microbiological issues - sensory and chemical considerations
- Shelf-life testing of a range of food products - chilled, ambient, drinks
- Accelerated shelf-life testing - how to approach this
- Predictive modelling - how this can be used in shelf-life determination
- Challenge testing - Listeria challenge testing protocols, C.botulinum challenge testing
- Case studies to draw together the knowledge gained during the day