SARS-CoV-2 and Foodborne Viruses in the Food Industry – Current Issues
: 16 Jul 2020
Sector: Food & Beverage
Time: 10.30am - 11.30am
safefood in partnership with Campden BRI are hosting a free webinar which will be presented by Martin D'Agostino, Virology Section Manager, Campden BRI.
Over the past few months, there has been one main topic of conversation in the food industry – COVID-19.
In this presentation Martin will discuss some of the main issues regarding the virus in the context of food safety, FAQs, current issues as well as an update on foodborne viruses, Norovirus in particular and the recently revised figures released by the UK FSA.
Some of the main topics covered in this presentation will be:
- What’s the difference? – Norovirus vs. Coronavirus.
- Review of FAQs regarding SARS-CoV-2 in the food industry
- Current concerns – the meat industry and COVID-19
- Guidance available in the UK
- Environmental surface monitoring and disinfectant testing
- Other virus news – in brief