SwabSURE ListeriaP - Monitors L. monocytogenes in Food Processing Environments
Manufacturer: Technical Service Consultants Ltd
Principle: Colour change indicates presence of phospholipase C an enzyme associated with pathogenicity.
Approvals: ISO 18593:2004 compliant, validated by Campden BRI
Suitability: For use at grass roots level where swab test provides end-user with a reliable and accurate result eliminating the need of a contract laboratory.
Capital equipment required: YES - use of basic Incubator where product is incubated at 37C
- Sampling swabs are coloured blue for clear identification in a food processing environment
- Open matrix of the foam swab enhances recovery and release of microbial cells ensuring accurate and reliable results
- Neutralising buffer inactivates QACs, phenols, peroxides and other sanitisers increasing viability of sample
- False positives eliminated by introduction of chromogenic media for easy identification
- Simple and quick, ready-to-use with no mixing reagents or multiple steps
- Results in 24-48 hours