How does the QUANTOM...
9th December 2019 Content supplied by: Logos Biosystems, Inc.
Replacing CFU Counts with Single Bacterial Cell Detection
Replacing CFU counts with single bacterial cell detection.
The QUANTOM Tx™ Microbial Cell Counter is an image-based, automated cell counter that can detect individual bacterial cells in mere minutes. Its novel bacteria-optimized cell detection software can count individual bacterial cells in even the tightest clusters.
Innovations for Increased Counting Accuracy:
Uniform distribution and immobilisationThe QUANTOM™ Centrifuge evenly distributes the cells along a single plane for accurate detection and QUANTOM™ Cell Loading Buffer I immobilises cells within the medium.
Bacteria specific declustering
The QUANTOM Tx™ has a novel detection and declustering algorithm that can accurately count individual bacterial cells in tight clusters or long chains.
- Results in minutes, not days
- No culturing required
- Accurate results
- No user to user variability
- No need to estimate based on CFU's or turbidity
- Single bacterium detection
- Regardless of cell size, shape or arrangement
- Advanced bacterial cell counting software
- Total and viable cell counts
- Fluorescence stains for accurate cell detection
- Multiple images captured and analysed
Date Published: 9th December 2019
Source article link: https://logosbio.com/automated-cell-counters/microbial/bacteria/quantom-tx
How does the QUANTOM Tx&