First Proficiency Te...
29th April 2021 Content supplied by: BIPEA
Proficiency Testing: A Useful Quality Control Tool for Pharmaceutical Laboratories
To prove the accuracy of their results, pharmaceutical laboratories may participate in Proficiency Testing (PT) programs.
A PT program or an Interlaboratory Comparison is the organization, execution and evaluation of measurements or tests carried out on the same or similar item by several laboratories in accordance with predetermined conditions.
These external quality controls enable laboratories to:
- Evaluate the accuracy of their analytical results,
- Control and improve the performance of their analysis,
- Check the good functioning of their equipment as well as the technical skills of their staff,
- Giving their clients confidence regarding the quality and safety of their products or services,
- Promote their analytical performance to their clients.
For the pharma industry, BIPEA offers three PT programs:
- PT 97 Purified water for pharmaceutical applications: Endotoxins and TOC in purified water.
- PT 98 Residual solvents in excipient: Ethylene oxide and Dioxane in Polyethylene glycol.
- PT 104 Microbiology of pharmaceutical process water: total viable aerobic count in water.
These three programs are designed according to the pharmacopeia requirements (European or others).
For more information, feel free to contact us or visit www.bipea.org
Date Published: 29th April 2021
Source article link: View
First Proficiency Testing Program for