28th January 2020 Editorial by: Paul Carton
Genesig Coronavirus RT-qPCR Kit Available Now Worldwide
Primerdesign have developed a genesig RT-qPCR kit for the novel coronavirus strain 2019-CoV.
Primerdesign attributes the following to the qPCR kit:
- Exceptional value for money
- Rapid detection of nCoV-2019
- Positive copy number standard curve for quantification
- Highly specific detection profile
- High priming efficiency
- Broad dynamic detection range (>6 logs)
- Sensitive to <100 copies of target
- Accurate controls to confirm findings
A spokesperson for Primerdesign Ltd told rapidmicrobiology.com "The kit is not CE/FDA marked and are sold under “research use only” licensing laws. This is not a measure of the kit’s quality, and our kits are currently being used in many diagnostic laboratories around the world. It’s simply a way of ensuring that the cost is kept as low as possible. We encourage customers to carry out their own validation of the kit’s performance to make sure that the kit meets their specification and detection profile before using the kit outside a research setting".
Date Published: 28th January 2020
Source article link: View