15th November 2022 Content supplied by: INTERSCIENCE
A Galaxy of Colonies With a Clear View
Scan 50 pro is a manual colony counter with HandPad and multiple ergonomic supports for improved posture, vision and hearing. It offers contrasted lighting of the colonies while protecting the eyes. The export of the counting result by USB to a computer, ensures the traceability of the data.
- Counting on Petri dishes (Ø 55 to 90 mm), Petrifilm™, MC‑media Pads™, Compact Dry™, easyPlate™, filtration membranes
- Dark Field 2 : Indirect LED lighting
- HandPad : Ergonomic arm rest
- Data export via USB, LIMS, under CSV format (ExcelTM) or text format (WordTM)
Compatible with all types of media
Scan 50 pro is a manual colony counter that is suitable for all types of media: Petri dishes (from Ø 55 to 90 mm), Petrifilm, MC‑Media Pads, easyPlate, filtration membranes. Counting is done by a simple touch pressure and is then recorded. You can count from 0 to 1999 CFU.
Contrasting colony lighting: Dark Field 2
Dark Field 2 is an indirect lighting system with adjustable intensity. Light reflectors diffuse the light at all points without any reﬂections or shadows. It makes all colonies stand out on the surface, in the mass, and around the edge of the dish. Flashes of light are eliminated, and the operator’s eyes are protected.
Touch surface with adjustable sensitivity
Counting with Scan 50 pro is intuitive: count the colonies on your dish, the touch surface is doubled by a sound or light signal.
• 9 different sounds and headphone jack to enable work without disturbing colleagues
• Light signal for each counted colony
Optimal working posture
• Inclined reading surface with magnifying lens (optional), hand rest and HandPad
• Prevents Musculo-Skeletal Disorders
• Duplicated count buttons on both sides
• HandPad,180° arm-rest that turns on the machine
Scan 50 pro is equipped with a HandPad, an ambidextrous armrest. It can be slid to either side with a single movement and turns the machine on. Resting the arm when counting prevents Musculoskeletal Disorders caused by unsuitable equipment and poor posture.
The colony counter is also suitable for both right and left-handed users thanks to the duplicated counting keys on each side of the keyboard.
Easy to clean and disinfect
To keep the workstation clean, the glass and the smooth handrest are removable. Easy to disinfect, they ensure perfect hygiene of the workstation.
Save time by exporting the data recorded during the count via USB, LIMS, spreadsheet or text format. You will avoid errors rewriting the results. You can also connect a barcode reader for data transmission.
Visit INTERSCIENCE or use the Request Information button to contact the supplier.
Date Published: 15th November 2022
Source article link: View