Vaccine Safety - Pyrogen and Endotoxin Testing from Development through Commercialization
Vaccine preparations, including those for virus-mediated diseases such as COVID-19, are routinely tested for pyrogenic contaminants before distribution to the public. Test methods used for quality control of vaccines are intended to monitor production consistency to ensure safety and efficacy. In this webinar, presenter Allen Burgenson will describe different methods to assess endotoxin and pyrogen quality attributes – from pilot-scale to full-scale manufacturing with automation.
Who should attend: Professionals with responsibilities in endotoxin or pyrogen testing during vaccine development and manufacture, quality assurance and quality control, inspection and auditing.
- Importance of vaccines – from traditional vaccine to novel COVID-19 platforms
- Vaccine pyrogenicity – current challenges of modern vaccines
- Where, when, what - regulatory view on endotoxin and pyrogen test methods
- Sustainable test methods – features and benefits
- Lonza’s complete solution – from small scale to large scale production
Duration: 40 minutes presentation, 20 minutes Q&A