Principle: Colony counter
Approvals: CFR21 Part 11 (PRO Version)
Suitability: Pharmaceutical industries, medical and veterinary industries, food industries, cosmetic industries, microbiology laboratories, etc.
Capital equipment required: No
The SphereFlash® is an automatic colony counter that accurately counts, pour, and spiral plates on any media in two seconds. It performs the colony counting in a simple and reliable way thanks to its world-class LITE software and its patented built-in lighting system, which eliminates reflections.
For more demanding users the software can be upgraded to SphereFlash® Colonies Pro Software to increase its capabilities, or even obtain the optional SphereFlash® Halos PRO Software to measure inhibition halos.
This device avoids the traditional manual method for counting colonies which can be subjective, tedious, and time-consuming.
- World-Class Software: Easy & intuitive yet powerful software. Even in it's LITE version, it will detect a wide range of colony types with minor or none user parametrization.
- Counting of very small colonies: It's patented spheric chamber eliminates reflections in both, colonies and Petri plate, and provides uniform illumination for an improved image capture that will lead to better, more reliable, and consistent results.
- Audit Trail: Security-relevant chronological set of records that will provide documentary evidence of the sequence of activities that have affected at any time a specific operation or event in the SphereFlash®.
- Report generation: Easy and automatic generation of result reports, with customizable layout to include your Company’s logo and/or information.
- Optional software upgrades: Starting Colonies LITE software version (included in the unit) can be independently upgraded to Colonies PRO or Halos PRO.
- High-throughput: A fast and powerful image processing software together with the automatic closing of the spheric chamber allows minor user interventions and time optimization. Large amounts of plates can be accurately counted.