25th July 2016 Content supplied by: Copan Diagnostics, Inc.
Simplify Sampling with COPAN’s Line of Swab Rinse Kits (SRK™)
Stop by IAFP booth #218 for samples and more information about SRK™!
Salmonella. Listeria. E. coli. Shigella. No one in the food industry is rolling out the welcome mat for these bacteria. These pathogens and others, which can cause a variety of dangerous illnesses, are a health hazard in the food industry.
Preventing or detecting contamination by testing any surface that comes into contact with our food is essential. Swabbing difficult-to-access areas can be challenging. In addition, swabs need to be easily transported from collection site to the laboratory.
That’s why we developed our fast and efficient SRK™ line.
Easy to Use
- Swabs are pre-moistened with saline solution, improving uptake of sample.
- Sampling uneven, irregular surfaces or equipment is easy with the SRK™ swab system.
- Packaged in convenient transportable tubes with attachable lids.
- Samples can be refrigerated in tubes up to 24 hours before laboratory analysis.
Wide Selection of Products
- Buffered Peptone Water, Tryptic Soy Broth, Letheen Broth, Butterfield’s Solution and COPAN’s SRK™ Neutralizing Solution available.
- Different fill volumes and various swab lengths to suit wide range of applications.
- Help define the sample size and determine the number of organisms per cm².
- Square templates available in 4 x 5cm or 10 x 10cm and packaged one or five per package.
- T-shaped and L-Shaped spreaders are designed for spreading and dispersing liquids across the surface of agar culture plates.
- Used to perform bacterial CFU plate counts on water, milk and other liquid samples.
Food safety simplified with SRK™.
Date Published: 25th July 2016
Source article link: View