15th February 2021 Content supplied by: BIOTECON Diagnostics GmbH
Rapid PCR Enumeration of Legionella spp., Including L. pneumophila and L. pn. serogroup 1
The microproof® Legionella Quantification LyoKit is used to rapidly quantify Legionella spp., L. pneumophila and L. pn. serogroup 1 in water samples or to confirm colonies from plates (in conjunction with ISO 11731).
- Live/dead differentiation using Reagent D
- Validated in accordance with ISO 12869:2019. A detailed validation report is available.
- 100% specific: no false-positive or false-negative results.
- Lyophilized kits:
- Less pipetting: reduced risk of cross-contamination
- Easy storage at 2 - 8 °C – hassle-free transportation at room temperature
- Sensitive: use up to 25 µl of sample for PCR
- Simple and easy procedures
- Colony confirmation requires almost no hands-on time, results in 1 hr for up to 94 colonies
- The assay is compatible with all relevant sample types, including clear or turbid water samples (e.g. cooling towers)
Date Published: 15th February 2021
Source article link: View