20th November 2015 Content supplied by: SMi Group
Rapid Microbal Detection Techniques from GSK, Nestle Research and Battelle
SMi Group reports that leading industry experts will meet at the Pharmaceutical Microbiology Conference (20-21 January 2016, Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, London, UK) to discuss updates in rapid microbial detection techniques.
An exclusive speech on bioburden testing by rapid microbiological methods will be given by Francesco Boschi, Microbiological Services Manager, GSK Manufacturing S.p.A. where he will present examples of implementation of new technologies for bioburden testing.
Adrianne Klijn, Group Leader Microbiological and Molecular Analytics, Nestle Research Center will discuss new mechanisms of bacterial detection using sequencing mechanism and give an insight into rapid microbiology sequencing methods.
During the pre-conference workshop session, Andrew Bartko, Research Leader, Battelle will present a synopsis of rapid microbal methods options to the industry. The practical aspects of implementation, validation, and regulatory considerations will be discussed.
Other Key Speakers for 2016 include:
- Thierry Bonnevay, Microbiology Platform Head QC Development, Sanofi Pasteur
- Sabina Lancaster, Senior Manager, Sterility Assurance, Global, QA, GSK
- James Drinkwater, Chairman, PHSS
- Tim Eaton, Sterile Manufacturing Specialist, AstraZeneca
Benefits of attending Pharmaceutical Microbiology 2016 will include:
- An in-depth insight into endotoxin testing, validation and LER
- The threats posed by VBNCs and how to detect them
- Specialist advice on contamination control and risk management to minimise costs and maximise efficiency
- Case studies from across the UK, EU, and USA
Two pre-conference workshops:
Attendees can enhance their experience at Pharmaceutical Microbiology 2016 with the option of attending two pre-conference workshops. The first entitled ‘Spectrometric and Optical Technologies for Microbial Contamination Control’ will be led by Andrew Bartko, Research Leader, Battelle. The second workshop that will feature is entitled ‘Endotoxin Testing: Hot Topics and New Methods in the European Pharmacopoeia’ and will be led by Karolina Heed, Director, Marketing and Sales, Hyglos GmbH.
For further details on the workshops and workshop leaders please visit the event website www.pharma-microbiology.com
Date Published: 20th November 2015
Source article link: View
Webinar: Overcoming your Rapid Microbial
Taking a Proactive Approach to