7th January 2008 Content supplied by: Pro-lab Diagnostics
Prolex Staph Xtra - Rapid ID of S.aureus including MRSA using CMMP
The Prolex Staph Xtra Latex Kit provides a rapid method to distinguish staphylococci (particularly Staphylococcus aureus) and methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) from other species of staphylococci in cultured specimens.
Although most Staphylococcus species are common inhabitants of the skin and mucous membranes, certain species have been found frequently as etiological agents of a variety of human and animal infections. Furthermore, infections caused by S. aureus are the most common human staphylococcal infections. Food poisoning and toxic shock syndrome also have been attributed to infection with S. aureus.
A growing percentage of S. aureus (mainly Methicillin resistant strains) can elude detection in some agglutination tests because cell wall antigens (clumping factor and protein A) are masked by capsular antigens.
The Prolex Staph Xtra Latex Kit utilizes Carboxylate Modified Microparticles (CM-MP) which have been sensitized with fibrinogen and IgG that are specific for capsular types 5 and 8 of Staphylococcus aureus.
When Staphylococcal colonies which possess at least one of clumping factor, protein A and / or capsular 5 or 8 antigens are mixed with the latex reagent, the latex particles agglutinate strongly within 20 seconds.
- As few as 2 colonies required from primary culture
- Enhanced results with blue carboxylated microparticles (CM-MP)
- Detects all Staphylococcus aureus including MRSA
- Detects Coagulase, Protein A and Capsular Polysaccharide 5 and 8 Antigens
- Definitive results obtained within 20 seconds
- High performance with sensitivity of 100% and specificity of 100%
- Contains negative control
- 100 Test kit
- Includes new agglutination card design
Date Published: 7th January 2008
Source article link: View
New & Blue CM-MP Technology Extended
Accurate and Rapid Detection of