17th September 2020 Content supplied by: PCR Biosystems
PCR Biosystems Aids Winter Virus Test Development With New Products
This winter, distinguishing COVID-19 cases from influenza and other illnesses will be key to managing the outbreak. This means the race is on to develop an accurate diagnostic kit to detect the winter viruses.
For those looking to bring diagnostic kits to market to differentiate between viruses such as RSV, influenza and SARS-CoV-2, PCR Biosystems has launched qPCRBIO Probe 1-Step Virus Detect.
This high-concentration RT-qPCR kit is designed specifically for ultra-sensitive, high-throughput detection of winter RNA viruses and can be used in both singleplex and multiplex assay formats.
Features and advantages:
- Includes a concentrated 4x mix allowing more sample or reagent to be added to the reaction
- Enables ultra-sensitive detection to give ultimate confidence in the accuracy of the results generated
- Ideal for highly multiplexed RNA detection assays
- Contains all required components for RT-qPCR apart from primers, probes and RNA template
- Available immediately in quantities to suit your specific requirements
Complementing the range of products for COVID-19 testing, PCR Biosystems has also launched RiboShield™ RNase Inhibitor. Already an important component of several PCR Biosystems kits, this robust and reliable RNase inhibitor is, for the first time, available as a standalone product.
RiboShield™ RNase Inhibitor blocks the activity of a wide range of ribonucleases to reliably protect RNA from RNase digestion in a variety of RNA-sensitive applications including saliva-based testing for the presence of SARS-CoV-2.
Date Published: 17th September 2020
Source article link: View
New Leap Forward for SARS-CoV-2
RT-qPCR Assay Optimised for Multiplexed