31st October 2023 Content supplied by: EIT International
Magnerscan MAG3™: Chemical-free Integrity Testing for Metallic Vessels
If you are using metallic storage vessels in your production facility, you will be fully aware of the issues associated with cleaning protocols and integrity testing, the production downtime, the disposal of chemicals, the difficulty to predict vessel failure.
In response to these issues, EIT International developed the Magnerscan MAG3™. The MAG3™ is a handheld surface integrity and crack detection system that uses a magnetic field and an array of close contact in-line sensors to detect surface and subsurface defects, incomplete weld fusion, corrosion cavities and porosity electronically without the use of harmful or non-food-safe chemicals.
Compared to traditional storage vessel testing techniques such as dye penetrant testing and eddy current testing, the Magnerscan MAG3™ offers several additional benefits:
- Fast: The Magnerscan MAG3™ can scan a vessel fast as it needs no preparation before testing and no special cleaning afterwards, while traditional methods like dye testing can take hours or even days due to the need to clean surfaces of harmful chemicals.
- Safe: The Magnerscan MAG3™ does not require the use of harmful or non-food-safe chemicals, making it a safer option for food and drink manufacturers.
- Cost-effective: A self-contained testing solution, the Magnerscan MAG3™ offers cost-effective value as it does not require the ongoing purchase of consumables, unlike traditional methods.
- Accuracy: The Magnerscan MAG3™ can detect both surface and subsurface defects, giving you the ability to predict if a vessel might fail, while traditional methods may miss subsurface defects.
- Versatility: The Magnerscan MAG3™ can be used to test a wide range of vessels and tanks, while traditional methods may be limited to certain types of vessels.
Overall, the Magnerscan MAG3™ is a safer, faster, more cost-effective, more accurate, and more versatile storage vessel testing solution than traditional methods.
Here are some specific examples of how the Magnerscan MAG3™ can help food and drink manufacturers with cleaning regimes in place:
- Reducing the risk of product contamination: The Magnerscan MAG3™ can be used to detect defects that could harbour bacteria or other contaminants, helping to reduce the risk of product contamination.
- Improved product quality: By detecting and repairing defects early, the Magnerscan MAG3™ can help to improve the quality of finished products.
- Decreased production downtime: The Magnerscan MAG3™ is a quick and easy-to-use testing method, which can help to decrease production downtime.
- Minimise environmental impact: The Magnerscan MAG3™ does not require the use of harmful chemicals, which can help to minimise the environmental impact of cleaning regimes.
To learn more about the Magnerscan MAG3™ and the rest of the EIT International range of products visit: eit-international.com or click on the Request Infromation below to email the company directly.
Date Published: 31st October 2023
Source article link: View