Conda Introduce Two ...
29th January 2013 Content supplied by: Conda Labs
ENTEROTEST ID: 6 Reactions and Motility in One Single Tube
The identification of the Enterobacteriaceae is complicated and has been traditionally based on biochemical and antigenic characteristics. With Enterotest ID, using a method well known by microbiologists worldwide, stabbing the butt and smearing a slant, six biochemical reactions are performed in a simple tube as well as providing bacterial growth for further investigative tests.
The media tube contains two layers and a paper cap for indol determination.
- Upper layer(3 ml): a butt and a slant with dextrose, ONPG, enrichments, ferrous sulphate, sodium thiosulfate, agar and phenol-red
- Lower layer (2 ml): semi-solid media, containing urea, enrichments, sodium chloride, agar and phenol-red
- Paper cap: soaked with a solution of 4-dimethyl-aminobenzaldehyde for the indol test.
6 different reactions and motility:
- Indol production
- ONPG (hydrolysis) degradation
- Glucose fermentation (acidity without gas)
- Glucose fermentation with CO2 gas formation
- Hydrogen Sulfide production
- Urea (hydrolysis) degradation
Date Published: 29th January 2013
Source article link: View
Conda Introduce Two New Chromogenic