20th October 2015 Content supplied by: BCC Research
Detection of Biodefense Pathogens Market to Grow by 8%
A market report published by BCC Research in August 2015, projected the value of the U.S. market for biodefense-related rapid pathogen detection devices is $214.2 million in 2015. The total market is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8% from 2016 through 2021 and reach $248 million by 2016 and $364 million by 2021.
This report provides:
- An overview of biodefense-related rapid pathogen identification and treatment markets, with a concentration on activities within the U.S.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of CAGRs through 2021.
- Identification of substances that can be weaponized for either cilivilian or military destruction rapidly and accurately.
- Information on infectious agents including smallpox, anthrax, plague and tularemia, as well as coverage of potentially harmful chemical toxins that are used in biological warfare situtations including sarin gas, ricin and botulinum.
- Outlines of the political and social landscape of biodefense, focusing on the issues of survelliance, coordination of resources and financing.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
Date Published: 20th October 2015
Source article link: View