17th November 2023 Content supplied by: Biotium, Inc.
Biotium Introduces New Highly-Selective Stains For Both Gram-Positive and Gram-Negative Bacteria
Biotium, a leading innovator of fluorescent dyes for life science research, has launched breakthrough BactoView™ Dead Stains and BactoView™ Viability Kits. These products were carefully designed for easy usage and improved dead cell selectivity for enhanced microbial viability determination. With precise dead cell detection being vital for accurate analysis, Biotium’s BactoView™ Dead Stains deliver significant improvements in this procedure.
Unlike the traditional viability dyes propidium iodide and ethidium homodimer, Biotium’s BactoView™ Dead Stains provide brighter dead cell staining with minimal background interference. The specially-designed chemical structures of the dyes effectively exclude them from live cells of both gram-negative and particularly gram-positive strains, selectively labeling dead cells. There is only a single 30-minute staining step with no additional wash requirements for ease of use, with the flexibility of seven available dye colors ranging from green to near-IR for microscopy or flow cytometry analysis.
BactoView™ Dead stains are also included in two new BactoView™ Viability Kits, enabling convenient two-color staining of both live and dead bacteria for clear viability assessment of all cells in a sample. Each kit includes a BactoView™ Dead Stain, with either red or far-red fluorescence for dead cell labeling, and a BactoView™ Viability Green Counterstain for staining both live and dead bacteria. The kits are compatible with gram-positive and gram-negative strains and need only a single half-hour incubation without washing, offering both flexibility and convenience.
"These dyes and kits are a much-needed improvement for microbiological research, particularly for gram-positive stains that don’t work well with existing dead cell dyes," Biotium’s Director of Bioscience, Dr. Lori Roberts, comments. 'With both BactoView™ Dead Stains and Viability Kits, researchers can now attain unprecedented flexibility and accuracy in their experiments. These products grow Biotium's vast repertoire as part of our commitment to life science innovation.'
Features and Benefits of the BactoView™ Dead Stains
- Highly Selective: Vibrant staining of dead cells with minimal background.
- Compatibility: Works seamlessly with both gram-positive and gram-negative strains.
- Simplicity: Requires a single 30-minute staining step, eliminating additional wash steps.
- Versatility: Available in 7 colors ranging from green to near-IR for diverse experimental needs.
For more information about BactoView™ Dead Stains, please visit the product page.
Features and Benefits of BactoView™ Viability Kits:
- Two-Color Staining: Labels both live and dead bacteria for comprehensive analysis.
- Compatibility: Works seamlessly with gram-positive and gram-negative strains.
- Ease of Use: Requires only a single 30-minute staining step, eliminating additional wash steps.
- Options: Available with either a red or far-red BactoView™ Dead Stain.
For more information about BactoView™ Viability Kits, please visit the product page.
Date Published: 17th November 2023
Source article link: View
Streamline Listeria Testing of Foods
Remote Sample Management Unchains Scientists