Control of Pharmaceutical Water Systems
: 16 May 2019
: Dublin, Ireland
Delegates will receive Pharmig’s series of 8 Fact Sheets on Water Microorganisms
This one-day training is in the final stages of development. A draft current outline of the programme and confirmed speakers can be found below:
- Auditing of water systems - Andrew Gravett, Associate Director, Global Quality Audit Group, AstraZeneca
- Current hot topics and common audit citations in water - Edel Fitzmaurice – Quality Director, Fitzmaurice Scientific Ltd
- Three case studies relating to endotoxin contamination in water systems - Dr. Tim Sandle Head of Microbiology and Sterility Assurance – BPL
- “Pharma Water Systems – Regulatory compliance, best practice and system qualification” - Gordon Farquharson – Managing Director, Critical Systems Ltd
- Water system requirements from our GMPs and pharmacopoeias
- Impact of Annex 1 revision on WFI systems.
- Best practices to control and avoid contamination (GEP).
- Industry trends and opportunities.
- Biofilms in water systems: A practical perspective - Mark Thompson – Director, Mark Thompson Lifesciences Ltd
- What the risks are to water quality
- How do you control it?
- How do you remove it?
- Microbiology testing
- Can you actually measure it?
- Impact of microbes
- Purified water systems - David Keen, Senior Global Microbiology Consultant &; Ecolab and Pharmig Chair
- What can a purified water system consist of?
- Microbial risks of a purified water system
- Interactive case study on purified water system:You are running a manufacturing and oral dose facility and you purified water system falls over! As a group you will work out how you would:
- Cope with bugs coming out of your purified water system
- Deal with a loss of your site water supply?
Previous case studies have been extremely well received by delegates – encouraging networking and exchange of thoughts and ideas whilst being guided by experienced leaders. An informative, thoughtful and fun way to end the meeting!
Pharmig are offering a discount for sending 2 delegates or more. This offer ends on Friday 12th April 2019
There is also a special offer discount if you attend both Master Hot Topics in Pharmaceutical Microbiology on 15th May and Control of Pharmaceutical Water Systems on 16th May
Pharmig (Pharmaceutical Microbiology Interest Group)
Phone: + 1920 871 999