Condagene® Listeria monocytogenes
Principle: Real-time PCR
Approvals: BAM Protocol Simultaneous Confirmation of Listeria species and L. monocytogenes isolates by RT-PCR
Suitability: Detection and quantification of L. monocytogenes in food samples
Capital equipment required: Yes
Condagene® Listeria monocytogenes qPCR pathogen detection kit is one of the fastest and most reliable ways to detect Listeria monocytogenes in food samples.
The traditional microbiological method of detection for Listeria monocytogenes is long and tedious. It may take you up to a week of work to grow, detect and confirm Listeria with the traditional method.
With Condagene, you’ll be able to reduce the time to results drastically; in less than a day and a half of work you’ll get highly specific and reliable results. It is ideal for rapid batch release, screening and confirmation of suspect colonies isolated in selective culture media.
The genus Listeria is composed of gram-positive bacteria with bacillus morphology. It is a genus comprising only 6 species, listeria monocytogenes being the most important one due to the fact that it is a pathogenic species that can be present in food for human consumption, even at low temperatures.
L. monocytogenes is the cause of listeriosis, an infection caused by food poisoning, and a mortality rate of about 30%.
Due to its ability to survive a wide range of temperatures, it is perhaps one of the most important microorganisms to control in the food industry.
- Fast protocol: reduce drastically the time to results compared with the traditional method.
- Robust method: this PCR kit allows compliance with the technical specifications of the method FDA, BAM Protocol Simultaneous Confirmation of Listeria species and L. monocytogenes isolates by real-time PCR.
- High specificity: thanks to the addition of highly specific probes, Condagene Listeria monocytogenes offers precise and reliable results. As it only detects the target DNA, accompanying flora does not interfere.
- Easy-to-use: less manipulation and use of reagents than in traditional microbiology.
- Open-system: there’s no need to acquire new equipment for your lab; Condagene works with the vast majority of real-time cyclers of the market.
- Reliable results: due to the presence of UNG and IPC controls in the kit, you’ll get accurate results every time.
Condalab view full details
Website: Visit Website
Tel: +34 91 761 02 00