18th November 2019 Content supplied by: Orum International
Study Suggests You Should Be Using a Microbial Air Sampler With Three Aspirating Heads
At the recent 2019 PDA Microbiology meeting, Orum International presented a poster of a study indicating that using an air sampler with 3 aspirating heads, such the TRIO.BAS, will deliver more accurate results vs a single head for airborne microbial detection and monitoring in a sterile medical product manufacturing area.
Features and Benefits of using a Triple Aspirating Head Microbial Air Sampler include:
- Save time and operator costs by using 2 or 3 different culture media (e.g. TSA and SDA) at the same time
- Get more statistically valid results by using 2 or 3 replicate media plates (e.g. TSA) at the same time
- Reduce potential operator contamination by using 2 or 3 plates for continuous monitoring in cleanrooms and isolators as requested by regulatory authorities
- Get 'at rest' and 'in operation' results using 2 or 3 plates of same culture media as requested by regulatory authorities
- Achieve Contamination Recovery Rate (CRR) in cleanrooms according to USP by using 2 or 3 plates
- Save space in cleanroom/isolator by only needing a single air sampling unit instead of two or three units
Download the PDA Microbiology poster here: www.oruminternational.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/PDA-TRIO-Poster.pdf.
Date Published: 18th November 2019
Source article link: View