Need to Revalidate Y...
QIAGEN - See Disease...
17th April 2018 Content supplied by: International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE)
ISPE Guide to Sterile Product Manufacturing Facilities (Third Edition)
The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) have released their latest guide, ISPE Baseline® Guide: Sterile Product Manufacturing Facilities (Third Edition). This publication provides guidance on engineering facets of designing new sterile products manufacturing facilities and modifications of existing facilities.
“Understanding regulatory compliance is a challenging feat, one that can impact technological advancement and increase operational costs,” said John Bournas, ISPE CEO and President.“ This guide aims to offer a consistent interpretation of the latest FDA and EMA guidance, while allowing a flexible and innovative approach to facility design.”
The ISPE Baseline® Guide: Sterile Product Manufacturing Facilities (Third Edition) focuses on best practices for an approach that is effective, cost-efficient, and in compliance with the latest FDA and European Medicines Agency (EMA) guidance. The guide is based on key principles, including:
- The need to understand product and process requirements
- Use of risk-based approaches
- Role of barrier and isolator technology
- Use of consistent terminology for classified environments
- Categories for processing (open versus closed)
- An integrated facility design approach
Updates to this new edition include:
- Global facility design approach with examples of RABS, full isolator, and BFS recommended layouts
- Harmonized area classifications
- Additional details about local protection/Grade A air supply and particulate monitoring
To order your copy visit: www.ispe.org
Date Published: 17th April 2018
Source article link: View
Need to Revalidate Your Sterility
QIAGEN - See Disease Differently &