CondaChrome® CCA Agar
Principle: E. coli appears violet due to ß-glucuronidase and ß-D-galactosidase, coliforms appear red due to ß-D-galactosidase
Approvals: ISO 9308
Suitability: Detection of E. coli and other coliforms in water samples
Capital equipment required: No
CondaChrome® CCA Agar is a selective medium for the detection of E. coli and other coliforms in waters and foods. The recovery and enumeration of E. coli and coliforms are important indicators of environmental and food hygiene. CCA Agar is especially recommended for water with low bacterial numbers, whether it is drinking water, disinfected pool water, or finished water from drinking water treatment plants.
The interaction of ingredients in the medium, such as peptone, sorbitol and pyruvate, grants a quick colony growth, including infectious coliforms and also permits the recovery of sub lethal thermally injured coliforms. Tergitol-7 inhibits Gram-positive bacteria and some Gram-negative without affecting the coliform bacteria. Sodium chloride maintains the osmotic balance and phosphate salts act as a buffer system. Bacteriological agar is the solidifying agent.
- High specificity: identification based on specific enzymatic activity of each microorganism
- Quick results: read your results after 24 hours, reduce drastically the time to results
- Easy interpretation: identify different bacteria by its characteristic color
- Time and space saving: detect several bacterial species in the same plate
- Minimum investment: no additional equipment nor special training required
- Formula and QC according to ISO standards
Condalab view full details
Website: Visit Website
Tel: +34 91 761 02 00