19th June 2020 Content supplied by: BIOTECON Diagnostics GmbH
foodproof® Enterobacteriaceae plus Salmonella Detection LyoKit Just Launched
We are pleased to announce the arrival of our new foodproof®Enterobacteriaceae plus Salmonella Detection LyoKit based on real-time PCR technology. It enables the fast and highly sensitive detection of Enterobacteriaceae and identification of Salmonella spp. in a single assay.
Matrices such as growing-up milk (GUM), infant formula with and without probiotics, milk powder and infant cereals may be intrinsically contaminated with such organisms that can cause serious illness in infants. Since 2005, the EC 2073 has required the testing of powdered infant formula for the pathogenic genus Salmonella and, as an additional hygiene indicator, it recommends screening for the Enterobacteriaceae family.
Our new kit allows the simultaneous detection of the genus Salmonella and the Enterobacteriaceae family via two separate fluorescence channels, making it the only kit on the market that complies with the statutory requirements in a single test.
This rapid, safe and highly sensitive test will help food business operators to manage contamination risks, avoiding unnecessary outbreaks and saving themselves time and money in the process.
- The user-friendly lyophilized rapid test achieves reliable results within 24 hours (including enrichment in BPW and DNA extraction).
- High convenience: The kit provides the lyophilized reagents as well as all the components for PCR, which are included in one pellet. All that needs to be added is the sample before starting the PCR run.
- Certified quality: The kit’s development was based on our experience with the foodproof Salmonella Detection LyoKits and the foodproof Enterobacteriaceae plus Cronobacter Detection Kits, both of which are validated by AOAC-RI and/or MicroVal.
- Highest sensitivity, lowest detection limit (LOD): less than 10 genome equivalents (GE) or 102 - 103 CFU/ml after enrichment.
- Flexibility: Validated DNA extraction kits are available for all sample throughputs, including automation and a manual high-throughput kit.
- All the important controls are integrated into the kit: Positive and negative control, UNG, internal amplification control.
- 96 reactions per kit.
Date Published: 19th June 2020
Source article link: View