27th July 2020 Content supplied by: BIOTECON Diagnostics GmbH
BIOTECON Diagnostics Offers a Variety of Quality Cannabis Testing Solutions
Discover our real-time PCR kit product portfolio for safer and quality cannabis
Various pathogens, as well as yeasts and moulds, can compromise the quality of cannabis and cannabis-infused products, directly influencing consumer health.
To keep consumers safe and comply with safety standards, BIOTECON Diagnostics develops rapid test kits to help producers and testing laboratories ensure they provide safe and quality cannabis.
Our real-time PCR-based kits, designed and validated with all kinds of food, beverage and cannabis matrices, have been among the industry’s best for over 20 years.
They safely detect all types of pathogenic organisms like Salmonella, STEC, Aspergillus or Listeria monocytogenes as well as spoilage organisms like yeast and moulds on a genetic level, preventing costly false positives and rather than days of waiting, results are obtained in a matter of hours.
BIOTECON Diagnostics also offers different types of robots for semi- to full-automation to increase lab throughput potential and decrease human error.
Our rapid, easy and advanced DNA extraction methods allow a broad spectrum of cannabis testing on several different matrices including, plant material and herbs, chocolate, gums, oils, powders, among others.
This is complemented by our complete portfolio of real-time PCR kits, designed and validated on cannabis flower, extracts and a variety of infused products.
What benefits do our solutions offer?
- Low to high-throughput
- Lowest contamination risk
- Highest sensitivity
foodproof® Yeast and Mold Quantification LyoKit
- The most sensitive real-time PCR kit on the market and one of the few worldwide that can detect all yeasts and molds
- Results within 5 hours
- Validated with hops, cannabis and cannabis-infused products (e.g. wax, white chocolate and cannabis flower)
foodproof® Salmonella Detection LyoKit
- Tested on all kinds of food matrices including cannabis, environmental samples and primary production samples
- Over 700 Salmonella strains successfully tested, comprising strains of all subspecies and O-serogroups
- No reported false negative or false positive results to date
- Independently validated according to AOAC-RI, MicroVal and NordVal
foodproof® STEC Screening LyoKit and foodproof STEC Identification LyoKit
- Screening for all STECs with stx1, stx2 and eae genes
- Identification of the most important 8 serotypes (O26, O45, O103, 104, O111, O121, O145, O157) in the identification kit
- AOAC-RI approval is pending
foodproof® Aspergillus Detection LyoKit – coming soon
- Detection and identification of the four most important species: A. flavus, A. fumigatus, A. niger, A. terreus
- Developed according to AOAC guidelines
foodproof® Enterobacteriaceae LyoKits
- Leading supplier of Enterobacteriaceae real-time kits for the food industry worldwide. Used by some of the world’s largest food and dairy producers
- ISO 16140 MicroVal certified
- Qualitative detection possible
foodproof® Staphylococcus Detection LyoKit – coming soon
- The only PCR kit that can qualitatively detect all coagulase-positive Staphylococcus species including the identification of Staphylococcus aureus in one test
- Highest ease of use and sensitivity, lowest risk of contamination
Date Published: 27th July 2020
Source article link: View