Microbiome Movement, Gut-Brain Axis Summit
: 3 Dec 2019 - 5 Dec 2019
: Boston, United States
The mission of the 3rd Microbiome Movement Gut-Brain Axis Summit is to unite pioneering industry and academic researchers to establish the mechanistic pathways contributing to neurological disorder manifestation, overcome the scientific and translational challenges of working in the gut-brain setting and capitalize on this therapeutic opportunity.
Cutting-edge insights into microbiome gut-brain axis mechanisms in neurological disease development have been pivotal in rethinking symptom management and treatment strategies for neurological patients. Underlying neuroinflammatory, enteroendocrine, neurotransmitter and metabolic pathways and how they relate to the gut microbiome are being better understood to cater to the unmet medical needs in the neurological space. However, significant challenges remain in establishing the causality of microbiome gut-brain science, translating it into the human setting and designing clinical trials that consider the multifactorial etiology of neurological and mental health conditions.
Returning for the third year, the Microbiome Movement – Gut-Brain Axis Summit is your opportunity to:
- Discover pioneering preclinical data implicating metabolic, immune-mediated and enteroendocrine pathways in CNS disease development
- Explore translational approaches that are moving microbiome gut-brain axis science from association to causation
- Learn about critical considerations for microbiome clinical trials in the neurological and mental health setting to inform symptom and treatment management
- Realize the potential of microbial profiles as a biomarker for patient stratification to maximize the efficacy of already existing drugs for neurological disease
- Uncover the untapped commercial opportunity held by nutritional and therapeutic products for neurological and mental health