Microbial Recovery Methods & USP Microbial Methods Relationship to Method Suitability
: 18 Sep 2019
Type: Training, Webinar, Seminar
This live interactive training webinar will explore microbial recovery. Microbial recovery is an often discussed topic within both non-sterile and sterile environments with microorganisms. Microbial recovery concerns itself with in-coming raw materials whether chemicals or containers, in-process products, active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), or finished product. Microbial recovery is also an important element of both HVAC and water utility systems. No pharmaceutical element with either small or large molecules is more comprehensive than that involving microorganisms. USP covers the many elements of microbiological recovery through its various general and general information chapters.
- learn of the various methods of microbial recovery.
- Review the overlap of the various methods.
- Determination of the microorganisms to use as controls.
- Review of the media to use and why.
- How to select the appropriate technique for testing.
- Use of diluents with various testing methods.
- Interpretation of the results – regardless of a pass or failure.
- Review of pertinent warning letters.