27th July 2018 Content supplied by: Romer Labs Diagnostic GmbH
Determine the Presence of Listeria monocytogenes with a 10-minute Assay
Children and those with weakened immune systems are particularly vulnerable to listeriosis, a serious disease caused by Listeria monocytogenes. As a significant human pathogen, L. monocytogenes can contaminate, among other foodstuffs, ready-to-eat (RTE) meat and poultry. As with other Listeria species, L.monocytogenes is able to survive and thrive in cool, damp conditions where other bacteria cannot. An aggressive and verifiable sanitation program is therefore necessary to avoid cross-contamination of processing equipment in production plants.
The Food and Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) at the USDA maintains a “zero-tolerance” policy for the pathogen in RTE meat and poultry products. Furthermore, the USDA, FDA, EFSA and other national and international regulatory bodies recommend and enforce hygienic measures that call for frequent testing of surfaces in the environment that come into contact with food ingredients as well as finished products.
RapidChek®Listeria monocytogenes from Romer Labs® is designed to meet this diagnostic need and provides results days faster than ISO, USDA and FDA methods. Other benefits:
- AOAC Performance TestedSM
- Couples with the RapidChek® Listeria species test for a 10-minute Listeria monocytogenes verification of species positives
- Fast and simple procedure with a convenient one-step enrichment + 10-minute assay
- Convenient: no expensive equipment needed, no boil step required, room temperature shipment and storage
- Unlimited scalability: run several tests simultaneously
Date Published: 27th July 2018