Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), Cerdanyola del Vallès, Spain, November 21-24, 2017
Designed for: directors and technicians of industries, consultancies and laboratories of food and feed, and other sectors (microbiological, biotechnological, clinical, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, chemical, environmental, etc.); inspectors and other administration staff; university teachers and technical staff, graduate and postgraduate students; people from other research centres; etc.
Updated and detailed information: http://jornades.uab.cat/workshopmrama/en
Lecturers and lectures
- Dr. José Juan Rodríguez Jerez (UAB): "Overview on rapid methods, automation and miniaturization in microbiology"
- Dr. Armand Sánchez Bonastre (UAB): "Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and massive genome sequencing applied to food safety"
- Ms. Rosella Brozzi (EFSA, Parma, Italy): "Assessment of feed additives produced from or containing microorganisms. Tackling antimicrobial resistance risks"
- Mr. Joan Roquet-Jalmar Pàmies (Kellogg Manufacturing España, Valls, Spain): "Implementation of a cleaning verification system based on bioluminiscence"
- Mr. Pascal Monzó Martos (Productos Florida, Vila-real, Spain): "Campylobacter and Salmonella: two intruders in poultry products"
- Ms. Ana Torres Rubio (Florette Ibérica, Milagro, Spain): "Microbiological control in packaged ready-to-eat fresh vegetables. Sampling, criteria, trends"
- Mr. Armando Marín Martínez (Eurofins Análisis Alimentario Nordeste, Tudela, Spain): "Microbiological control in ready-to-eat meals. Legislation, risks, methods"
- Dr. Seppo Ilmari Niemela (University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland): "Uncertainty of measurement of microbiological counts"
- Mr. Xavier Lizana Alcazo (ACONSA, Sant Joan Despí, Spain): "A tool for food hygiene audits management"
3-day laboratory sessions:
- sample preparation and plating
- rapid viable cell count methods
- environmental control
- chromogenic culture media
- diagnostic kits
- methods based on ATP – bioluminescence, colorimetry, others
- immunological detection methods (latex agglutination, immunoprecipitation, lateral immunomigration)
- Microbiological risks in HACCP systems? At last, identify them properly at your company! (Imagining Management Systems)
- Food fraud in certification schemes. A new challenge for industries (SGS ICS Ibérica)
- Use of internet for applications of predictive microbiology (Barcelona Public Health Agency)
- Mycotoxins, a hidden threat. Rapid methods of detection (Bioser – Romer Labs Diagnostic)
- 2 open discussions (The day-to-day of microbiological control in the industry / Instrumentation in food microbiology, world trade trends, other current topics)
- Exhibition from 11 microbiology companies: Bio-Rad Laboratories, Bioser, BioSystems, iMiCROQ, Interscience, Merck, MicroPlanet Laboratorios, Neogen Europe, Nirco, Thermo Fisher Diagnostics, Tiselab
For more info and registration visit jornades.uab.cat/workshopmrama/en