Understanding ISO/IEC 17025:2017 for Testing & Calibration Laboratories (MS 111W)
: 20 Jul 2020 - 21 Jul 2020
Sector: Cosmetic/Personal Care, Food & Beverage, Laboratory Equipment, Microbiome, Pharmaceutical, Veterinary, Water
This course is a comprehensive review of the philosophies and requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017. The participant will gain an understanding of conformity assessment using the risks and opportunities-based approach.
This virtual instructor-led course will be conducted in two time blocks per day over the course of 4 days, from 10 am to 12 pm and from 3 pm to 5 pm Eastern Time. Learners will attend using a virtual learning program, and will participate in live discussion and activities.
*Discounts available for A2LA Members. Contact us for special pricing
Testing/Calibration Laboratory Directors, Managers, Auditors, Engineers, Scientists, or Technicians
After successful completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
1. Describe the process-based approach of the standard;
2. Explain new concepts in ISO/IEC 17025 such as:
- Continuous Improvement (using PDCA and KPIs);
- Verification and Validation;
- Decision Rules;
- Principles of Impartiality; and
- Risk-Based Thinking
3. Analyze scenarios to identify non-conformities, risks, and opportunities related to the new requirements in the standard;
4. Analyze sample calibration records to demonstrate metrological traceability; and
5. List the areas where documents and records are required under the new standard.
1.4 CEUs Awarded*