The Microbiology of Water in a GMP Environment; USP, EP, JP and FDA Requirements
: 17 Oct 2019
This Live Webinar takes place at 10.30 AM -12.30 PM ET (New York Time)
Knowledge of the microbiology of water in a GMP environment is critical to the health of any water system being used to produce a pharmaceutical or biotechnology product. Even companies manufacturing tablets need to be aware of the quality of the water that may be contacting their process or product. The well being of a facility revolves around the health of each water system within that facility. How often have we learned of a facility being closed for weeks at a time because of a water system that has exceeded its microbiological specifications?
This live training webinar presentation will also examine a variety of the issues surrounding water in a facility to include the testing of each water source and to what extent. It will cover testing requirements during commissioning and testing following this time frame. The webinar will examine Risk Management and discuss how a properly developed Facility Water Validation Plan may lead to a logical reduced requirement for testing vs. time.
The presentation will explore the time requirement for testing before reduced testing might occur and why some organizations refuse to accept this path.
The objective of this live and interactive training webinar is to assist those involved in the development of a process or the manufacturing of a product to explore water, as a raw material in a GMP environment, the requirements for potable water, purified water, water for injection and steam to assure that they are meeting the current USP, EP, JP and FDA requirements.
- Learn how to set up a water sampling system and its test frequency.
- Determining the “Health” of a water system based upon test results.
- What are the differences between USP, EP and JP water requirements.
- The use of Alert and Action Levels vs. Specifications and what is meant by each.
- When should microorganisms be identified and the preferred methods.
- Understanding the requirements for in-house vs. purchased water.
- Determination of various validations that supplement the maintenance of a USP Purified Water or Water for Injection system.
- How to diagnose and control a water system problem.
This live training webinar includes the following for each registered attendee:
- A copy of the presentation slides
- A certificate of participation for attendee training records
Who should attend
The following individuals or disciplines will benefit from attending this Webinar
- Product Development
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Control
- Regulatory Affairs