MASTASTREP™ Rapid Latex Test for Identification of Streptococci
Streptococci are microaerophilic, non-motile, spherical, Gram positive bacteria which often occur as chains on a Gram film and are strict or facultative anaerobes. Streptococci are found in humans and many animals mainly colonising nasal passages, intestinal tract and the mucosal surfaces of the mouth.
Differentiation of β- haemolytic streptococci into Lancefield groups is important for patient diagnosis and subsequent treatment, in particular Streptococcus pyogenes (group A) which is one the causes of necrotizing fasciitis. However, traditional Lancefield grouping techniques are time consuming and laborious. MASTASTREP™(RST201) combines the advantages of latex agglutination technology with a rapid extraction method to provide an efficient system for grouping all streptococci commonly found in human infections.
The MASTASTREP™ is:
- Colour coded caps for easy identification of reagents
- Small footprint for storage
- Recyclable plastic container
- Reagents contained in mini workstation
- Simple test procedure saves time and is easy to perform
- Stable liquid extraction enzyme means no reconstitution or freezing
Easy to read
- Rapid, easy to read agglutination patterns
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Tags: Streptococcus, Group A Streptococcus, Streptococcus pyogenes, Group B Streptococcus
Date Published: August 17, 2016
Source article link: Mast Group Ltd » company contact details