ATCC® Viral Nucleic Acids - Tools for Assay Verification
ATCC Viral Nucleic Acids can save you the time and expense of isolating DNA or RNA yourself. ATCC offers a variety of viral nucleic acids isolated from both human and animal isolates, including Adenovirus, Herpesvirus, Influenza virus, Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), and Coronavirus.
Viral nucleic acid extractions are performed by ATCC Scientists under aseptic conditions to prevent cross-contamination, and evaluated for integrity, purity and quality by several methods:
- Agarose gel electrophoresis
- Suitability for amplification by PCR
- Determination of total nucleic acid amount by PicoGreen® or RiboGreen® (Molecular Probes®)
- Sequence of PCR amplicon to verify consistency with the sequence of the infecting agent
- Viral inactivation
Applications for ATCC Viral Nucleic Acids include:
- Positive controls for PCR/RT-PCR and other viral detection methods
- Method development
- PCR and other molecular virology applications
Visit us online today to order from the full listing of ATCC Viral Nucleic Acids - then use the time you save to get back to the part of research you love the most.
Tags: Influenza, PCR, Adenovirus, Respiratory Syncytial Virus
Date Published: May 14, 2012 » company contact details