AFNOR Approval RAPID'Staph: 24 hr Enumeration of Coagulase-Positive Staphylococci and S. aureus
Bio-Rad has extended its range of products for the isolation, enumeration and identification of staphylococci to include RAPID´Staph. This selective agar medium has recently been approved by AFNOR, according to ISO 16140 protocol, for the 24 hr enumeration of coagulase-positive staphylococci at 37 °C, including Staphylococcus aureus, in food and environmental samples.
Characteristic colonies of on RAPID´Staph are confirmed by using a validated procedure using Bio-Rad´s PASTOREX Staph-Plus latex agglutination test for detection of Staphylococcus aureus, or by spot on Baird Parker R.P.F. agar plates, or by means of a rabbit plasma coagulase test.
|KEY BENEFITS: |
- easy reading and enumeration of colonies
- a much lower cost, compared with Baird Parker R.P.F. agar
- easy confirmation, saving time and money, compared with ISO 888-1
- more selective than Baird Parker Egg Yolk Agar
- shorter time to result (24 hr) and rapid confirmation, when compared with Baird Parker Egg Yolk Agar (48-72 hr)
or 'ready to use'
Source: Bio-Rad Laboratories, S.A. View latest company information
Posted: March 23, 2005
[will open your email client]