VITEK® 2 - Take Your Microbiology Lab to the Next Level
VITEK® 2 is a completely automated system providing same-day identification and antibiotic susceptibility results. These results help clinicians select the best treatment options for therapeutic success, patient outcome and containing healthcare costs.
With more than 45 years experience in microbiology, bioMérieux, has taken VITEK® 2 to an even higher level to ensure your lab can deliver more, faster and with greater flexibility. The new additions to VITEK® 2 Systems provide users with:
Greater Work Freedom
- Eliminate waiting time with Remote Multi-User Access for up to 10 simultaneous users
- Access VITEK® 2 applications, such as bioART™ and Advanced Expert System™ (AES), directly from anywhere on your network
- Free up valuable bench space by connecting multiple VITEK® 2 instruments to one PC
- Impact patient management by reporting ID/AST results as soon as they become available. No need to wait for all results to complete.
- Offer new AST testing for antifungals* (addition of caspofungin, posaconazole, micafungin) and routine streptococcus* (11 antibiotics and Inducible Clindamycin Resistance screen test) for ß-Strep, non-Group B and Viridans Strep
- Aid clinicians further by designing reports to meet their needs
- Take greater advantage of AES and bioART™ software by viewing AES interpretations, deduction rules, forcing rules, and graphics directly from your workbench
* availability of new AST cards pending regulatory registrations and approvals as required by local authorities
To find out more about VITEK® 2 visit: www.biomerieux-diagnostics.com/vitek2
Tags: Antibiotic Sensitivity, Full Lab Automation, Identification, Workflow Optimization
Date Published: August 10, 2010
Source article link: bioMérieux (Clinical Diagnostics) » company contact details