10th February 2021 Content supplied by: Pall Corporation
Why Choose Pall Membrane Filters When Testing Water for Legionella Bacteria.
Pall has prepared an informative application note.
This scientific brief reviews studies that were conducted to review the performance of black polyethersulfone (PES) membrane and several other commonly used membrane materials per the International Standard ISO 11731, “Water quality – Enumeration of Legionella.” The membrane materials were tested to determine their recovery performance for L. pneumophila and L. anisa.Pall metricel black PES membrane filters have the following features and benefits:
- Dark background provides excellent contrast for counting opaque colonies in microbiology labs
- Exclusive dot grid pattern does not enhance or inhibit colony growth
- Certified for use in the Membrane Filter (MF) Technique as described in Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, current edition
- Sharp contrast between black membrane and white grid line provides guidance while viewing and counting
- Available non-sterile or in individual gamma-irradiated packs (S-packs) for critical applications
Download the application note here and learn why Pall metricel black PES membrane filters should be your go-to for enumeration of Legionella in water samples.
Date Published: 10th February 2021
Source article link: View