29th April 2014 Content supplied by: Microgen Bioproducts Ltd.
Microgen Offers AnDiaTec and Quidel RT-PCR to UK Labs
Microgen Bioproducts has extended their distribution agreement with Quidel Corporation to include distribution of the AnDiaTec and Quidel Molecular products in the UK.
Microgen Bioproducts will be able to offer UK laboratories the AnDiaTec and Quidel range of real-time PCR products to detect difficult parameters with enhanced sensitivity and specificity which can be used on a broad range of capillary and microtitre plate thermocyclers.
The AnDiaTec and Quidel RT-PCR range includes:
- Quidel Molecular Direct C. difficile assay for the qualitative and detection and identification of toxigeneic C. difficile DNA with no extraction step, no vortexting and a 70 minute turnaround time from sample to result.
- AnDiaTec Norovirus RT-PCR assay for the screening of all human Norovirus genotypes with an easy-to-use 2 component amplification mix.
- AnDiaTec Enterovirus RT-PCR assay for the screening of all human Enteroviruses (Genetic clusters A-D) and no cross-reactivity with closely related Rhinovirus with an easy-to-use 2 component amplification mix.
- AnDiaTec Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex RT-PCR assay is a highly sensitive assay for detection of all strains within mTB complex with a ready-to-use amplification mix and can be used to test difficult matrices such as paraffin-embedded tissue.
- AnDiaTec HLA-DQ which is a unique genetic detection assay for HLA-DQ2 and HLA-DQ8 genetic regions which indicate a genetic predisposition for celiac disease or gluten intolerance.
Microgen Bioproducts can also offer UK customers the QuickVue range of rapid tests for infectious disease and women’s health as well as the innovative Diagnostic Hybrids range of viral diagnostics and cell culture systems from the Quidel Corporation.
Microgen Bioproducts is part of the Lab21 group of companies.
Date Published: 29th April 2014
Source article link: http://www.microgenbioproducts.com